Creek Evolution 100 P, Power Amplifier, Black
Who needs a power amp? Well, you do, if you use a digital or analogue pre-amplifier like the Evolution 50CD or 100CD, with built-in volume control. It is also possible you already own an integrated amplifier like the Evolution 100A and wish to bi-amp your system to power difficult loudspeaker loads.
The new Creek power amplifier forms part of the new generation Evolution 100 range of products. Housed in a slim case with the engraved front panel and solid control knobs, it's finished with a brushed aluminium front panel.
The Creek Evolution 100P uses a massive 350 Watt toroidal mains transformer with separate windings for high and low current analogue and control circuitry. This solution produces a good power to weight ratio and low magnetic interference. Creek's design policy of connecting several small low impedance capacitors in parallel creates an ultra-high specification capacitor to smooth the DC and helps to produce a very powerful and accurate sound from such a relatively small amplifier.
This power amplifier has a similar high-end, bi-polar transistor, Class-G power amplifier circuit, to the highly-rated Evolution 100A. It achieves very high open-loop gain and low distortion for a smooth and powerful sound. Featuring Sanken 15 Amp power transistors, with built-in thermal compensation for rapid bias tracking performance, the Creek Evolution 100P Power Amplifier circuit has very low output impedance and is also able to deliver high output current. This combination will provide exceptional speed and control over most loudspeakers.
A simple unity gain pre-amplifier selects between balanced XLR and direct un-balanced RCA inputs, to enable the user to input two different signals and select between either, on the fly, if required. It is fully protected from over-current, over-temperature and DC faults and will trigger the output and input relays to disengage immediately if an error occurs.
Special Note: When required, the Evolution 100P can also be configured as bridged-mono to achieve even higher power output and will therefore sound more dynamic and in control. An external bridging adapter required to convert the 50P from stereo into mono operation. Please consult Creek Audio or Elusive Disc for further details.
- POWER OUTPUT - >110 Watts into 8 Ohms, >170 Watts into 4 Ohms, >400 Watts into 4 Ohms mono
- CONTINUOUS CURRENT - >8.5 A Stereo / 16 A Bridge Mono
- MAX CURRENT - >26 Amps Stereo, >50 Amps Bridged Mono, Current bursts into 0.5 Ohm load
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE - <0.05 ohms="" 1khz="" li="">
- THD - < 0.002% 20Hz – 20KHz
- SNR - >102dB
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 10Hz – 100KHz +/- 2dB Line
- GAIN - 33.3dB (x46)
- INPUT SENSITIVITY - 650mV
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - 47k Ohms unbalanced, 30k Ohms balanced
- CROSSTALK - -80dB at 1Khz
- DC OFFEST - < +/-10mV
- SLEW RATE - >30 V per uS
- INPUTS - RCA unbalanced – XLR balanced
- OUTPUTS - 2 Pairs of high quality binding posts
- OPERATING VOLTAGES - 110V/230V Switchable
- CONSUMPTION (AT IDLE) - <20 watts="" no="" standby="" li="">
- CONSUMPTION(AT FULL POWER) - 500 Watts
- WEIGHT - 9Kgs
- DIMENSIONS - 430x60x280mm W/H/D
All products on Hi-Fi Disposals are sold with a 12-month warranty covering parts and labour.